Cooktop Cove: Line a baking dish with French toast for the best dish yet
Do you love French toast? Check out the following recipe that is a twist on a classic favorite. The best part? It's ready in no time!
10 frozen French toast, thawed
12 eggs, scrambled and slightly undercooked
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 cups diced ham
3 cups cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded hash browns
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
3. Complete two layers of french toast, maple syrup, scrambled eggs, ham and cheese.
Start with French toast.
Then add syrup.
Then top with scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese.
Repeat once more.
4. Top with shredded hash browns.
Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle well with olive oil.
5. Top with more cheese.
6. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese looks like the top of a pizza!
7. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut and drizzle with maple syrup.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove